Thursday, June 9, 2011

Deal or No Deal?




This is my new car. A 2011 Special Edition Honda Accord. Why is it Special? I don't know, but it's really purrty. I have never once gone to a dealership and purchased a vehicle. We have always bought our cars thru private party ads. So this was a pretty entertaining and hilarious experience.

It was very much like the game show "Deal or No Deal." We went in to look at a Honda Crosstour. It's an Accord Station Wagon basically. I really like Station Wagons. They had one that was VERY decked out. Had every bell and whistle and so it cost $35,000. Wowers! We did take it for a test drive and loved it. So we went in to the office to began the Game!

We chose our briefcase - the price we were willing to pay. The guy goes into an office that's very similar to the game show where they show the banker sitting. Tinted windows, but you can still kind of see in. He comes out with the first offer. They opened the first the briefcase - "you can have this fabulous Crosstour for.....$699/month!......Deal or No Deal!" Uh....No Deal. Are you kidding me? That's crazy. So we tell them that's no where close to what we can afford. He goes back to the "Banker." He comes back out. How about $500/month? No Deal. So then....The Closer comes in. I just sat back and laughed at this whole process. It was so funny! We tell the closer that we probably won't be able to afford the Crosstour, but what else do you have? I told him that I do love Accords. We had one growing up and my twin sister has one too.....love them.

Closer says "Yes! I'll bring one right out." He brings one out that was beautiful. Dark Gray. Black Leather Seats. Very nice. We start making deals with this one.

They go to the Banker.....Banker offers a deal......it's getting a lot better....but No Deal! They go back to the Banker.....an even better deal......We said "Give us tinted windows and it's a Deal" They go back to the Banker......we see him thinking about it.....kind of.....how do you see a faceless man's face? But we could tell....just like on the show. The Closer comes out with a $3 more a month payment to include tint....and we said "Deal!" and....we never saw the Banker's face.

We are then introduced to a 4th man who takes care of all the paperwork.

Folks.....4 people to sell a car. Crazy. The salesman, the closer, the banker, and the paper guy. Really? No wonder the car business was going bankrupt! 2 middle men!

So....I love my car. It has 4 doors, A/C, no rattle, all windows roll up without my help, and a big trunk. It's a dream. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculous. I have never sat through buying a car at a dealership. Sounds to me like they pay too many people to do one man's job. That's why cars are so dang expensive! Let's go cruisin' in your new ride sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete