Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The hit song "alone in my principles"

Anyone? Anyone? Can anyone tell me what movie that's from?


About 4 months I cancelled my Facebook account. Why? I do have a very specific reason why I did, but it won't be revealed now. Did I waste too much time on facebook? Not really. I would check it about 2 or 3 times a day. It was great to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen or heard from in years! In fact I became friends with my best friend from 5th grade. Would we be friends now?...... No way. But still it was cool. I think the biggest reason why I didn't want to be on facebook anymore was I couldn't take the vague posts that no one could really understand and you think you may know what they're talking about and you begin to suspect it's secretly about you but maybe not, so then you feel inclined to comment and then more vague responses follow......ugh exhausting! I personally would never post anything I wasn't comfortable knowing EVERYONE could see it, so the privacy thing never bothered me.

Now a couple times,......ok maybe more than a couple times,......I've logged on to my hubby's account to just looked around. And there have been a two times that i have reactivated my account for 10 seconds and then I deactivate it again. I get an overwhelming feeling of "wait! Everyone Knows I cancelled my account! What would they say if I get back on?!?!". So......to facebook.......or NOT to facebook. Just out of principle? Do I have any by hiding behind my hubby's account?

See......too exhausting.

4 comments:

  1. FB is a lot like high school - think about it. It really is. It is a great place to keep in touch and stay connected but often times it becomes a popularity contest and a place where people paint a picture of what they want people to believe. Feelings can be hurt. Hearts can be broken. Egos can be inflated unnecessarily. (This is obviously not always the case but it looks as if it is the case more often than not)If I had to do high school over again I wouldn't worry so much about what people thought of me. I would do what felt right for me and what my heart told me to do.

    If you want to get back on FB then you go right ahead and who cares what people think. Truly. Just think of it as doing high school over again and you be in charge of yourself and don't worry about the judgments of others. Just as in high school, we're all more worried about ourselves anyway.

    Follow YOUR heart, not the someone else's idea of your heart.
    There's my two cents. :)Now, to take my own advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all - That Thing You Do. Right?

    Secondly - Sister Love is right. If you want to rejoin the facebook world, I don't think anyone would think twice about it and who cares if they do? It all depends on what you really want out of life....uhkay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that movie, and i deactivate and reactivate all the time, not only that but i make a huge to do about it, announcing my leave on fb, then reannouncing when i return, sunita even made a fb group entitled "keep rupa on fb" ha
    -rupa

    ReplyDelete